Monday, January 21, 2008

Baking Bread

I baked White Mountain bread today. :) So, today's blog features pictures from the different stages involved in baking it.


This is the "Warm Liquid Goo Phase" (10 points to anyone who can name that movie). :)
It is the warm milk, water, honey, butter, salt, etc... right after I added in the activated yeast.


The flour has been added in and the dough has been kneaded (by hand, of course!) I don't have a bread maker or stand mixer, so it sort of had to be by hand, but that's ok. It was really fun!






Settling the dough in for the first rise:



Divided in half and rising for the 2nd time:

After about a half an hour in the oven, it's all done!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I like the last picture - looks good!!!

Lissa said...

Ok, I am SO IMPRESSED! I have never attempted to make bread from scratch by hand.
As for the "warm liquid goo" - sounds a little like Austin Powers.