Saturday, January 19, 2008

Today, we've been married for exactly 4 1/2 years

Exactly 4 1/2 years ago today, Hubby and I were married. :)


Exactly 5 1/2 years ago today, he proposed. I thought it was romantic....he joked that it was so he'd have less dates to remember. :-)

In honor of those special days, I'd like to dedicate today's blog to my hubby, whom I love very very much.

Anywho... he took a disposable camera with us that he slipped to our waitress after we finished eating. He had my anniversary present in a little red bag (you can see it in some of the shots) and he left it on the table for me to stare at for our entire meal. lol!

He slipped out for a minute when we were almost finished (and took the camera with him - I found out later that that was when he palmed it to the waitress). Finally, we were done eating and he asked if I wanted my present yet. Then, he got down on one knee and proposed (turned out that my present was my engagement ring that we'd designed together a few months before). The waitress set herself up off to the side, and with that little disposable camera, she took these pictures:





6 comments:

Lissa said...

How sweet! We got engaged on our dating anniversary, too! No pictures, though - we were on the beach. Love that shot of you guys at the reception!

Linda said...

How clever he was. Congrats to you both!

Sharon said...

I can't BELIEVE it's been that long!!
Melissa, Rory proposed to me at the beach too :) We DEFINITELY have no pics...it was at midnight.

Lissa said...

Sharon - Midnight? Awesome! Ours was dark, too - after church.

Debbie365 said...

Well, not everyone is a resourceful as my son-in-law! It's so cool they have those photos.

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh how lovely.
We are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year.
Dxxx