Friday, January 4, 2008

The Worst Movie of All Time

And I now own it. :-D


For a little background info, here's some Manos fun facts!


  • It was made by a manure salesman on a bet.
  • It was filmed on a budget of $19,000.
  • It was recorded on a camera that could only film 32 seconds at a time and could not record sound.
  • As a result, ALL the voices (even the little girl's) were dubbed in after filming by 2 men and 1 woman.
  • Only 2 of the actors were paid (the little girl got a bicycle and one of the dogs got a bag of food).
  • The adult actors were going to be paid with the earnings the movie brought in after release - it tanked so horribly that none of them were ever paid, because it never earned anything.
  • During the premier showing, the cast and crew snuck out of the theater halfway through the movie, because the audience was laughing and heckling to badly.


And now it's ours!! If you do decide to try to watch it, I would advise that you only watch the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version. I've heard the original just by itself is pretty much unbearable. I love it because it is a masterpiece of awful (and I'm a HUGE Mystery Science Theatre 3000 fan).

3 comments:

david santos said...

Good posting, Erin.

Happy New Year! And best wishes for a healthy and successful 2008

1:03 PM

Sharon said...

Oh my, I have not seen MST3000 in years! LOL

Garden Angel said...

Hello Erin!
Nice picture of you:)
I`m your visitor nr 100!
Hope you`ll have fun with your blogging:)
I`ll stop by later:)